Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3d modelling of a chamfer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm 

Hi to all, I've encountered a problem, and to be honest is probulary easy to solve. Imagine your milling out a number 5 (as in a boss), you're going to put a chamfer around the outside, most of the chamfer is 4mm wide 1.2mm deep, it then blends into a 2mm wide 1.2mm deep chamfer. Simple question how? The smaller chamfer runs along the straight bit of the 5 and blends in when it turns into the curvey bit.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 3d modelling of a chamfer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm 

you will probably have to do a separate curve for the chamfer, rather than have it follow the curve from the boss or other feature.... Set up the curve as if the whole thing were 4mm wide, but where it is only 2mm wide your curve would have to be 2mm outside the boss curve...

At least, that's how I would do it, assuming I understand you right. I bet someone else will come up with a better solution.

Post subject: Re: 3d modelling of a chamfer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm 

Thanks Kyden for your reply, manage to do it by turning the intersections of the chamfer into surfaces and then extruding it down to make into a solid.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]