Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Number in "total stock=" = stepovers ignored
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm 

As the subject says. When I put a number in "total stock=" in the milling tab, it ignores my stepovers. I can take the number out and it uses the correct stepover again. Is this a bug in my version or is there some setting that's messed up?

I am using 64 bit version 19.4.1.42

Last edited by Kyden on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bug? Number in "total stock=" = stepovers ignored
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 pm 

Kyden,

What number are you putting in Total Stock? And what is your stepover amt?

I can't speak for others, but I use Total Stock to eliminate most contouring moves (hence any need for stepovers) and have the tool path closely follow the final contour.

Since you describe it as a potential 'bug', what did the software do in earlier versions? Unless I'm misunderstanding your description, Total Stock is doing exactly what it was intended to do.

Fred

Post subject: Re: Bug? Number in "total stock=" = stepovers ignored
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 pm 

OK, I think I got this figured out.... I guess I was setting the total stock too small..... I guess this is just the first time I have done something quite like this program.... Most times stepover wouldn't matter.

Turns out it was just a combination of having my curve extend past the stock (in FC), stepover, and too small "total stock=".

I normaly just use .01" in total stock, but in this case since I needed to remove more material in the corners, I had to set it to .75" and it works great, thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]