Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Leave Side Allowance- Negative value
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm 

Hi

In the past I've been able to set a negative figure in the 'Leave Side Allowance' when I've needed to take an extra skim without having to go to the hassle of offsetting the curve. Since the recent upgrade this now gives me the error of Warning: TPP08W: Can't compute offset at distance -1. Toolpath can have problem. and tells me that partline needs to be switched off or the tool is too large.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Leave Side Allowance- Negative value
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 am 

Man, that blows!
I am still on V18.9.0.30 ( chicken ... ) and I use that trick quite frequently to cut/paste features for chamfers and radii.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm 

Hi SEYMOURDUMORE

I've just installed FeatureCAM V18.9.1.23 and the negative value worked fine so its something in the new version. This is incredibly frustrating.

Do you know who I need to contact with regards to this issue being resolved?

Regards

CAMDOO :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 am 

camdoo wrote:
Do you know who I need to contact with regards to this issue being resolved?

CAMDOO :?

With the risk of sounding like an ass, perhaps the breaker of otherwise perfectly working things should be able to help all of us out.

Seriously tough, I've just finished building a testbed machine for the sole purpose of loading and testing new releases of various softwares.
After the headaches some folks here had with the latest FC release wiping out menus and settings, Inventor initial release being buggy, then the first service
pack being nothing but a wipeout, I think I can't afford to have my main machine down just to decipher all the WTF issues coming out lately.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:10 am 

It's been a couple of years since the last time the subject came up and I am very pleased with the improvements made. Part Compare was pretty much useless but I'm now using it all the time to find out if I programmed a part correctly - it has become my go-to "quality assurance" tool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:58 pm 

.....? ? ?
Is there a bug in the User Forum???

I keep seeing random replies to topics that are completely unrelated to the subject. Strange thing is that those replies are word-by-word copies of some old posts a couple of years back.

It's been a couple of years since the last time the subject came up and I am very pleased with the improvements made. Part Compare was pretty much useless but I'm now using it all the time to find out if I programmed a part correctly - it has become my go-to "quality assurance" tool.

is an exact copy of a post from 2 years ago:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1537&p=6029&hilit=Part+Compare#p6029

WTF ???

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:21 pm 

camdoo wrote:
Hi

In the past I've been able to set a negative figure in the 'Leave Side Allowance' when I've needed to take an extra skim without having to go to the hassle of offsetting the curve. Since the recent upgrade this now gives me the error of Warning: TPP08W: Can't compute offset at distance -1. Toolpath can have problem. and tells me that partline needs to be switched off or the tool is too large.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

if you set a negative roughing value along with a negative finish you can get the result you need

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]