Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cant snap to intesection in just one program, what did I do?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm 

Here is my issue. I cannot "snap to intersection" in one specific program. If I turn on other snapping modes they work, snap to grid, snap to section, etc, just snap to intersection doesn't work. Its only in one specific program, and only the existing intersections... If I make two lines with a new intersection, it works, but if I make two lines over existing lines, it wont snap to the intersection.... I can open other files and they work fine, even files I made later based on the same file (by using "save as" and changing the name). I don't think I did anything, but I guess you never know. The thing is, programs I made with this as the base, by using "save as" and choosing another name, don't have a problem. but NOW if I use " save as" and choose another name, the new program has the same problem. I am using FC 2013, but I have had the problem in previous versions too. My normal method of dealing with it is to delete the program and start over, but this one is more complex and I don't want to have to do that.

any ideas?

thanks
kirk

Post subject: Re: Cant snap to intesection in just one program, what did I do?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 pm 

That is very strange, I wish I had some good advise. The first thing that pops into my head for a workaround is to manually key in coordinates. It's not the most ideal, but should get you working so you don't have to start from scratch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:22 am 

Congratulations!

Since you're the first one to report it, this bug will be named the "Kyden-Syndrome" or A-01972.

The same error happens on my computer. I created a new document with 4 intersecting lines. I can clip individual segments between these lines so they do in fact intersect but the "snap to intersection" doesn't work. If I add a circle thru the same 4 lines, the "snap to intersection" works between the circle and one of the lines but it does not work on the circle and any of the other 3 lines. HaHaHa that's a good one. My FeatureCAM version is 19.4.1.42 - we're still running FeatureCAM 2012 on our real programming stations until most of these bugs are exterminated.

Maybe it's not a bug after all, it could be a new FeatureCAM upgrade? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 pm 

I just updated to version 19.5.0.30 (64 bit), and still having this problem. I just started a brand new project, and when I got about halfway done, it suddenly will no longer snap to intersection, even if I turn off every snapping option except snap to intersection. I have also tried turning on ALL snapping options.... I cant seriously be the only one having this problem? If I cannot find a solution the file is basically junk and I have to completely start over..... not cool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:27 pm 

...use trim/extend to clip one geometry segment at the intersection. You get an endpoint that you can snap to.

That's the Feature-CAM "Work-Around of the Week".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm 

Will try that next time it happens, thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]