Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: DynaPath 40 control
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:02 pm 

Anyone familiar with a DynaPath 40 control? In particular, programming with FeatureCam and posting to that control. We have inherited an Arch mill with a DynaPath 40 control that up to this point the operator (who came with the machine) programs using the conversational method. Reading thru the control manual, it sure seems like we should be able to use the FeatureCam software we presently use to write for our Bridgeport, Fadal, Mori Seiki and Mazak machines to create programs for this DynaPath unit. Any advice / input would be welcome.

Post subject: Re: DynaPath 40 control
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:57 pm 

I worked at one place that had a post for that dynapath, I believe
and the post made some funky ol code, its a pretty old control if I remember right
someone made them a post so we could do programs for that company, we didn't have the machine

I only remember it because the program looked so weird, and I only made one program for it
you should contact the post processor engineers, not too many are going to be real familiar with it im thinking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 pm 

Everything about this control is a bit funky. Just takes a little time to learn it's quirky ways. I actually have some contacts with some of the folks connected with Compumachine who originally built this machine. We had to send the control out due to what turned out to be a software glitch that was solved by reloading the original PIC and EXEC files (not easy to obtain as they were not with the machine). My problem now is that the guy who knows the machine best is out on a medical issue and I've been handed the task of figuring this thing out. Being able to use Featurecam may make that task a lot easier. Since I posted my question I have found what appears to be a Dynapath40 post in our system, have not tried it yet. I will update this thread as I learn more. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 pm 

I really don't like figuring out old machines lil quirks to make them work

recently I was given the task to help another company get their old yang mill up and running 4th axis stuff
what a pain! may as well just buy new or recent
you pay more upfront and get up and running quicker rather than paying someone all the extra hrs to figure out an older slower machine

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]