Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cutter comp prob, gouging at end of cut. *still not working*
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:06 pm 

So since cutter comp is currently working again in FC, I have started using it again. Using "part line program" it works great. The problem I am having is at the end of a cut, it will turn CC off BEFORE retracting above the material, which of course causes a gouge in the material.... I have been manualy editing the programs once they are transferred to the machine (tree 325, 350, and 425) but I am wondering if there is some setting I can change to make it retract the tool above the part before turning off cutter comp?

Last edited by Kyden on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cutter comp problem, gouging at end of cut.
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 pm 

Can you post (or send) an example? The comp has been working for us and we use part line programming for all finish machining.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 am 

Hmm???

I always turn cutter comp off before moving up in Z and as far as I know that's the way it is supposed to be.

If you are using lead-in/lead-out there's no reason why the tool should gouge the part unless your cutter diameter offset is smaller than the actual diameter of the tool and you are using 0 degree as your lead-out angle.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 pm 

hmmm... I didn't even think about that... I normaly set my lead out at 15%... But of course thinking about it now I can see how this would cause a problem.... I was hoping for a solution that would allow me to make it retract the tool before turning off cutter comp, but if not, I will just have to increase my lead out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 pm 

OK. I thought the lead out was the problem, but turns out, its not.... I tried increasing the lead out, but in doing so discovered that it is turning off CC BEFORE the lead out. That is, it will have the lead out move along with C0 on the same event, which turns off cc, then does the move. I tried to attach my FM file but it wont allow me to ("the extension fm is not allowed") Is this a FM issue, or is it something I can adjust in my post?

Post subject: Re: Cutter comp prob, gouging at end of cut. *still not working*
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:54 am 

What is it doing / not doing for you? To try to help you, I tried it, and while it looked like it worked, it did not load the configuration. It just kept the settings of the default configuration. I used this in the past but haven't for awhile, so if you are seeing something else happen I'll look again to see if I did something wrong.
Sorry, I'm not a code guru, so my help is limited.

Post subject: Re: Cutter comp prob, gouging at end of cut. *still not working*
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:42 pm 

Still having this problem. Would be great if someone could help...

The problem isnt the lead out, it does the same thing whether I use 100% lead out or uncheck lead out. The problem is that its turning off Cutter Comp before retracting the tool.

This is on inside circles btw.

I cant post the .fm or .ncc file, it says "The extension ncc is not allowed." tried changing to .txt, sill no go. even with no extention, still doesnt work... If someone could tell me an allowed file type I can change it to, I will post my .fm file.

Anyway, here is a snipped of my nc code thats causing the problem.

N0035(1)C1X-3.375Y-2.378F3.0$
N0036(1)X-1.47$
N0037(2)D1X-1.47Y-1.942I-1.47J-2.16$
N0038(1)X-3.375$
N0039(1)Z.1F50$
N0040(1)X0/Y0/C0$
N0041(0)Z0.1$
N0042(9)M5$
N0043(9)M30$

In N0035, it turns on cutter comp (C1)
then it mills the circle, then in N0040, while still down in the hole, it turns off cutter comp (C0)
then in N0041 it retracts Z to +.1 (above the part)

So what happens is after going around the circle, the tool gouges into the part half its diameter as cutter comp is turned off, then retracts above the part.

In order to get usable parts, I simple have to swap positions of N0040 and N0041, so that it retracts above the part, THEN turns off cutter comp, so if anyone knows a way to do that without having to do it manually every time, thus wrecking a part every time I forget, I would sure appreciate it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]