Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Simulation Speed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:48 pm 

What way's are there to slow down simulation other than the slider bar?

Post subject: Re: Simulation Speed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 am 

Have you tried the simulation speed slider bar found in: options/ simulation options/ general?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:41 pm 

Yes, it does slow it down but not to a speed that you can see what's really happening. This is a problem just in the last few years and seems to be getting worse. I can single block but you'd think you could use the slider to slow down to a point of visualizing what's happening.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:15 am 

I'm not sure if this will help you. It is an option that was introduced a few versions ago.

Help menu/ Lengthen Sim speed slider:

You can increase the length of the simulation speed slider on the Simulation toolbar, to make it easier to control the speed.

To do this:

Ensure the Simulation toolbar is displayed.
Select View > Toolbars from the menu. The Customize Toolbars dialog is displayed, but you don't need to do anything in the dialog.

Click on the Sim Speed slider in the Simulation toolbar and it displays a border.

Hover over the border at the right of the button and the mouse pointer changes to a double arrow icon.

Drag the right border out as far as you want.
Click OK to save your changes and close the Customize Toolbars dialog.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:41 pm 

I have this problem when my tools run fast, like doing plastic when the tool is running 50 ipm (speed, not rpm). In order to see it in sim, I have to slow down the feed rate in my program (I use 3 imp), watch the sim then speed it back up. If I have a program with a lot if different features I would have to change, I will save it under a different name to make the changes, then go back to the "real" program to make any changes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm 

its your computer I bet, I hardly never have anything going that slow and the only problem I get is if the sim speed is all the way up, just slide the slider down a tad and it will do fine, but surface milling, 4axis continual paths bog up the memory a bit so those have to be run a bit slower

but ive never had to lower my feed rate for sim speed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:32 pm 

Kyden, Thanks for the tip. For some reason I didn't think lowering my actual feedrate affected the sim speed. Dropped it to 1 ipm and could actually see what was happening. I wonder if this changed with the newer versions? Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 pm 

Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10, I'm battling this sim speed problem. No matter what I do, set all resolutions to .0001 and sample/ min to 3000, it's still to fast. Hey Delcam! Why can't the simulating speed be scaled to the real cutting time, instead of a random speed at fluctuates from op to op base on the power of your processor and video card speed?

FC V1.0 to Pres., 3D Mill, Turning, 5 axis pos. & simo, Machine Sim. and tumestone and Solidworks Pro., Haas UMC 750

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:36 pm 

It's not perfect but if you make your feedrate 2.0 ipm it does become slow enough to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 pm 

Another thing you can do is: get ready to simulate, then rather than hit "play", hold down the control button. Then repeatedly hit the right arrow. This will let you kind of "single-block" through your simulation. Then if you hold the right arrow down, it will run the simulation like you hit "play", but it seems to do it at a slower speed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:53 pm 

That doesn't work on mine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:30 pm 

I think it's the Alt - Right Arrow and Alt - Left Arrow key combos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:50 pm 

That's it! Thought I tried that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]