Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Milling a Face
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 am 

Hello,
First off I am incredibly new to Featurecam so these questions may be a little trivial. I have spent some time reviewing help files and watching youtube videos but have not come across a suitable answer for the problem I am experiencing.

Problem 1: I set a tool path for an endmill to mill the insides of two flanges. However, since I made my own toolpath I cannot find the selection to add cutter comp. Any ideas of how I could add this in Featurecam and not have to add it to the code manually?

Problem 2: I have a face that contains 3 pads or bosses, protruding from the surface about 2mm, that I want to mill. I select Features>>face and select the pads. I select tools (3 inch fm) ect and the toolpath is created. Now there bosses are only 40mm in diam but surface they are on in considerably larger. The facemill does sweeping passes as if it is milling the entire face which takes way too long. How do I alter the path so that facemill mill only the ares I want? Must I create my own tool paths each time (which is what I have been doing)? It seems like there should be (and probably is) a more efficient way of doing this.

Thank you for your help,
Aure

Post subject: Re: Milling a Face
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 pm 

cutter comp is on the stragies tab in the feature properties
you can have rough and finish tools using it, which can prove useful from time to time

if im understanding you right, may not be though

you can create a boundary curve for your facing op
this may or may not be what you need,

or you could do a simple slot feature that would only cut over the area you need
in the new features window, look under feature from dimensions, you can place it where ever you need,
id probably do that if I only wanted to mill off those tops of those bosses

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]