Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Standard Catalogues for Moldmaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Folks,
Just as a matter of interest, what's the update regime for Moldmaker's standard catalogues. Do you spend a certain amount of time on them every year (so that you are always reasonably up-to-date) or do you only do something with them when someone raises it as an issue.

Cheers,

Mick.

Post subject: Re: Standard Catalogues for Moldmaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

A bit of both, really. We certainly try to fix any issues that users raise, but also crawl around in there periodically to see if things need changing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Jon,
The reason I ask is that, probably like most people in the Uk, we use a lot of Hasco stuff. There are many mold bases that are available from Hasco that aren't in the catalogue. Also there are lots of plate thicknesses that have been added to exiting mold bases that aren't in the catalogue. Also, on smaller plate sizes, Hasco used to grind 0.3 per size off K20 plates (so a 296 X 296 plates would actually have been 295.7 X 295.7). They haven't done this for a long time now but the catalogue still shows plates as having the 0.3 taken off. Finally (for now) Hasco do a range of risers that go sideways (rather than vertical). They call the K45's and the relevant ejector plates are k65's and K75's. None of these are in the catalogue.

Cheers,

Mick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

It would be good if there was a way for users to contribute to the standard catalogues. So if there is a standard plate or location ring missing we can add it and then some how upload it to Delcam so that the next release of the software has it included. Obviously it would need to be verified by delcam prior to adding it in but hopefully it would be a lot quicker.

What do you think Jon?

I created a new standard HASCO part and uploaded it to the forum some time ago but I don't think that has been added into the catalogues yet. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6094

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

That sounds a great idea, Jim. I'll pass it on to development. It would be a really useful addition to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Folks,
Jim's suggestion is a good one. There will always be gizmo's and stuff that aren't in any moldmaker type catalogue and if we can pool our efforts then it would surely benefit everyone. However, we should also bear in mind that moldmaker is intended to come with up-to-date catalogues. So, although the moldmaker Hasco catalogue may not include the diverting element that Jim mentions further up this thread, it should cover, at least, the full range of moldbases, pillars, bushes, ejector pins etc that are found in every mold tool. I've mentioned, in another thread on this forum, the Dako module that many suppliers use to connect their data to various cad systems. The Meusberger catalogue will even give you the cutouts for the cad! I don't know why but delcam never seems be one of the systems that's supported.

Cheers,

Mick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:32 am 
Site Admin

We currently have a library available from Cadenas, who offer very similar catalogues to Dako. We are contacting Dako, too, to see what we can do.

As Ian said in his earlier reply, we are currently updating the Toolmaker catalogues as well. I will chat to systems and see what the best way forward would be. Maybe an addition to the Gallery section would be in order.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Jon,
I didn't know about the cadenas library! Does it cover Hasco, Meusberger etc. Also, can you give us a howto on getting 3D from cadenas into powershape.

Cheers,

Mick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

http://delcam.partcommunity.com/PARTcommunity/
This might get you started till Jon replies. John

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

EDIT - Ignore the gibberish i wrote yesterday. It's all back and working, and John's link is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Folks,
Just thinking back to what John said about creating your own libraries and contributing them to the forum. Would it be possible for someone to do a walkthrough on how to create a parameterised component (with the relevant cuts) and add it to powershape's catalogues. For instance I need to use a Hasco Z016 (which is an angled pillar with a conical shape on the head ). We use this type of pillar a lot but it isn't in the Hasco catalogue. It'd make a good example because it's a simple component that's offered in many different sizes.

Cheers,

mick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

That's a very good idea, Mick. I think it would be generally useful, as you say.

Do have a drawing of the part? Or could you point me in the correct direction to find one, and I'll see how best to create a tutorial for you.

By 'cuts' I guess you mean the PowerFeatures?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Jon,
Yes, I should have said power features. The part I mentioned can be found on the haso website (www.hasco.com) then click onto the shoping trolley icon to get to the webshop.

Here's a link to the webshop.

http://www.hascoshop.com/hascoshop/gene ... 62b963f99a

I can't figure out how to do a link to the Z 016 but, when you follow the link, you can click onto guest and then type z016 into the search box.

I'll look forward to seeing your walkthrough.

Cheers,

Mick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]