Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: PowerSHAPE and STP files
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:16 pm 
DELCAM User
DELCAM User

Hello
I have been using PowerSHAPE for about 10 years and it’s been my experience that PowerSHAPE has always struggled with importing and exporting STP files.
I have been able to find a way to work around it until now. I have been supplied a mold file in STP format. I need to make some changes and send it back. After making some changes to one of the blocks and sending it back I’m told the solid is full of holes. I imported the solid back into PowerSHAPE and sure enough it’s full of holes. If I run the Solid Doctor on the solid there are no errors at all. If I export and import the same solid in any other format it comes in fine. The STP file of the whole mold that was sent to me was only 40MB. Output just this one solid is twice as big as the whole mold and full of holes. It’s not a very complex shape. How can I export this solid in STP format without the holes? This makes me and my company look foolish when can’t export a simple solid block.

Post subject: Re: PowerSHAPE and STP files
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:32 am 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

Did you try to find features and hide or delete them (in the tree of modeling history)?
Like on the screenshots below.

Mateusz

Attachments:
FindFeatures.png
FindFeatures.png [ 37.79 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]
HideDelete Feature.png
HideDelete Feature.png [ 28.98 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:46 am 
Site Admin

If the Solid Doctor is telling you that the solid is OK, that means that as far as Parasolid is concerned the solid is closed and watertight. It might be simply a shading issue, but without seeing the data I wouldn't like to guess.

Could you please send the STEP file to us via your support channel, please, and ask them to send it to me?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:08 pm 
DELCAM User
DELCAM User

OK JonH
I have been very busy the few days. I will send the solid I am having trouble with to support care of your name as soon as I can

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:59 pm 
DELCAM User
DELCAM User

I have sent the PowerSHAPE file to support. Export the file to STP then read it back in and see what happens. It's not a shading problem.
Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]