Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem editing components created by moldbase wizard
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 am 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

Hi,

I'm using release PS 2011 R1 (SP1 CR 11.1.42) 64 Bit and I've found that if I try to edit the screws, guide bushes or guide pillars which have been created by using the moldbase wizard I get an error and the components don't update as they should.

I've create the moldbase and want to change one of the guide pillars and related bush to a different diameter, which incidently is standard practice to avoid the tool being assembled incorrectly, when I select modify parameters the form appears allowing me to select the different dia pillar as usual but when I click Apply I get an error box saying that the last operation caused a problem with the model. If I then interogate the compoment using modify geomtry I find that most of the parameters have dissappeared so something is going badly wrong. The same thing happens with screws so it could related to all components created using solids of revolution.

I've just tried it with a brand new model and got same result so you should be able to recreate it easily for bug fixing.

Also I've just found that the same thing happens with components added using the component wizard. If you add a component, create a copy of it and then try to edit the parameters of the component it fails.

Please fix this ASAP. It's a major problem! :(

Post subject: Re: Problem editing components created by moldbase wizard
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 am 
Site Admin

I'll pass this to development immediately, Jim.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Which catalogue are you using. I've just tried this in HASCO and it seemed OK.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

Hi,

Thanks for your email Jon.

As I mentioned this problem appears to be something to do with the general edits option "Create copies of parameters", which must be switched on in order to avoid the problem.

I thought no problem I'll just set it to on for all models... but for some reason although the option is shown in italics to indicate that it will affect all models it switches off every time I restart PowerSHAPE or create a new model. I've even tried creating a New_Model_Master_22 model with the option switched on and it still switches off every time.

Any news on when this annoying bug will be fixed would be good. Thanks.

Incidentally were you able to reproduce it?

Regards,

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

I have reproduced something very similar, Jim. I'll see if Don can shed any further light.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 pm 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

Hi Jon,

What's the latest on this issue?

I only ask because I've got a model here which is doing some strange stuff in relation to parameters. I'm sure it's related to this problem.

I was frequently checking the global paramters in the model to make sure stray ones aren't being created by glitches. But somehow this model has one called DoNotDelete (I have seen these before and they are quite frustrating, mainly because I don't know where they come from) and also one called L1 which is stray one that's probably come from when I edited a plate or something.

The problem I have now is that if I click the delete unused parameters option a box comes up saying that a load of paramaters have been deleted.

But if I then run a full file doctor check there are problems with the model which if I let file doctor fix it deletes almost all the plates in the model.

Look forward to hearing what the situation is with a patch or work around.

Thanks,

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jim

Could you send your rogue model to us via the normal support channel? we will then try to figure out what's going on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]