Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Understanding colours in PowerSHAPE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:09 pm 
New User
New User

Hello Everybody

I can't understand how colours work with solids.
I have a imported solid that displays 178:108:0 (RGB) in shaded view. In wireframe view and when I copy paste to Powermill is 255:0:255.
When I select it the item colour is 0:0:0 ( the same as 'Make colours from features' ). The material is metal25 and I don't know why.
I don´t know where these values came from, which one should I use if I want to select by colour and where is the logic of all.
Why all these values that looks like someone was playing around with ink sprays ...
Any help , please ?

Laurel

Post subject: Re: Understanding colours in PowerSHAPE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:58 pm 
New User
New User

So, I just made another test. I read a Step file with only five rgb colours and a standard colour (red ). All the parts are displayed with the correct colours
but the item colour gives 102:102:102 for all. When I use a selection filter only the colour 102:102:102 works and selects everything regarding the display
colour. Inside the step file there's no such colour and I don´t know where it came from. Same file in Powermill works O.K. ( correct colours and correct selection ) .

Still don't understand how it works

Laurel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Which version of PowerSHAPE are you using?
The current release 2016 as default should use the same material for the wireframe colour as for the shaded material colour.
You can see the true wireframe colour in a wireframe view. If the view is shaded the wireframe is set to black in the default colour scheme.
If you set the material using the wireframe colour then then that is the colour that should be passed to PowerMill and you will see when a model is shaded in PowerMill.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 am 
New User
New User

Good Morning Claire

I'm using Version 2016 (CR 16.1.26) (64-bit).
I made a test with a new Step file from Catia. Inside the file there are 5 RGB colours and a standard colour (red). The solids are displayed with the correct colours (as intended in Catia) both in shade or wireframe but the Item colour is always 102:102:102. It means that I can only select with colour 102:102:102 and of course it will select everything regarding the true display colour . When I import the same file to Powermill everything is O.K. and the colour 102:102:102 doesn't show anywhere as it should be.
I need these colours because they have different meanings and I can't use the information in Powershape. Where did the colour 102:102:102 came from ?
It´s not in the step file and I cannot see any parameter in Exchange that I can change.

Thank you

Laurel

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]