Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Automated GA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:48 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Folks,
I'd like to set up standard parts that have drawings sheets in them that can automatically handle basic GA's. So I'd like a sheet with a plan view of the moving half of the tool on it. A sheet with a plan view of the fixed half on it and a sheet showing a section straight thorugh the middle of both halves (I did say basic didn't I!). The thing is that some tools have say 40 or so parts in them and some have hundreds in them. Also, the levels used will vary considerably.
How do I create a model that has these sheets already in it and set a sheet view to show everything in the, say, mh assembly (irrespective of how many levels there are).
Also, I need to be able to have the views update themselves to include any newly added levels / components that belong to the, say, mh assembly.

Cheers,

Mick.

Post subject: Re: Automated GA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm 
DELCAM User
DELCAM User

Hi Mick
Have you receved any information on your question , I would like to be able to automate the basic tool design layout aswell.
George

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:45 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Rivbh,
No, I haven't had a reply on this one.

Cheers,

Mick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 pm 
DELCAM Staff
DELCAM Staff

We have been looking at automating this process. There are methods to generate the GA semi-automatically but there are a number missing links that stop the process being fully automated

Drawing template can be used to set up standard drawings. Levels are used to filter what is displayed in the views but this depends on a consistent use of levels for the fixed and moving halves in your models. There are also options to add newly created items to existing views but items on new/unset levels will not be displayed in the views. We have looked at supporting sections on templates using lists of features for the section line to pass through but this work is not currently available in Powershape.

I'll raise a task for automation of GA drawing generation. The first step would be to link the level groups more closely with the drawing views. This would allow templates to include a set of items on a level group and for newly created items to be displayed in existing views.

Note: you can currently set the view levels using the level group buttons when modifying a view, or when the view is active. This means the view levels can be set/updated for the fixed/moving half with a single click.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I didn't realise that you can keep the list of levels in a view up-to-date so easily. That helps a lot. I don't think that there is any way to automate the creation of a GA for a complicated job. However, I'll look forward to seeing what happens with automating basic GA generation.

Cheers,

Mick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]