Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why do I have to use DW_CORE etc
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Folks,
Seeing that we're now back on maintenence with our toolmaker dongles, I thought I'd start getting a few posts in on this forum.
In order to use the ejector pin trimming in toolmaker, I have to use the DW_CORE, DW_CORE_INSERT etc naming convention. We try to name things logically but due to this convention, something like a 4 imp tool with numerous inserts in it very quickly become illogical. Is there a way to tell toolmaker that an assembly component is a die insert while naming it whatever you want to.

Cheers,

Mick.

Post subject: Re: Why do I have to use DW_CORE etc
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mick. At present, you have to use the names so that Toolmaker knows which bit is which, particularly when we do the ejector pin trimming. We plan to remove that restriction, but it will take us some time to get to it, as there are lots of other items that are higher priority. It's on the development list.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 pm 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Jon,
I appreciate that you've got bigger fish to fry than this. However, I google'd DW_CAVITY and it came up with this link.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3880

If you take a look at Ian's comments near the bottom of page 1 you'll notice that he's talking about this exact same subject. So, it seems that this type of functionality was being planned, at least, nearly 3 years ago. Does that strike you as a long time or not?

Cheers,

Mick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am 
Site Admin

I know it's a long time, Mick. The biggest fish we've had to fry is getting Parasolid in! That has tied up pretty much the whole development team for the past three years. As you can probably imagine, it's been an enormous task. Now that parasolid is in, and working well, we aim to revisit the older wishes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]